Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

New Years and Such

It always bothers me that people wait until the "new year" to make changes in their lives. It also bothers me that NYE is so overrated. Why not just treat every other "normal" day as an opportunity to make resolutions, to welcome change, to become the new, ideal version of yourself?

Why wait 365 days to finally be nicer to people, to work-out etc...new years resolutions are shit. There, I said it. In my opinion, the reason why people make new years resolutions is the hope that things will be better in the new year (but what was really bad about the last year?) I find that every year is practically always the same anyways. Year after year, we fall back into old patterns because humans are creatures of habit. If you only plan to change when the calender year changes, you're not really in for a surprise. Motivate yourself throughout the whole year, celebrate little milestones (no matter how small) and trust me, you won't need that "hope" in the new year and you won't have to wait 365 days.

Since I'm already on the topic of milestones, here are some of my own that I will share :)
  • Creating a business plan for one of my ideas!
  • Winning 1st place for the best pitch for my business plan
  • Cooking more
  • Becoming more "ladylike" by introducing heels and dresses into my wardrobe *shocker!
  • Composing my own songs on guitar (and still going)
  • Designing and decorating the master bedroom in the condo
  • Walking to work 
  • Playing with my little nieces 
  • Hanging out with families 
Now I leave you with one of my fav songs of 2013 that is both uplifting and chill!


2 comments:

  1. I agree! People shouldn't wait until a 'new year' to be motivated and be the change that they want to be. They should just be it and just do it. There is no better time than now. :)

    Those are some pretty impressive milestones. I would love to hear some of the songs that you have composed. Maybe a future blog post with a video?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll make any videos because I don't know how to record or upload them lol. Maybe if we chill someday we can do our artsy projects and maybe I'll slip in a song or two here and there :)

      Delete